Rising in Beauty

Rising in Beauty
Sky over North Park

Just Learning

Just Learning
Kitchen Studio

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wheels When You Want Them

Join Zipcar and get $25 in free driving!

I enjoyed my first trip in a rented Zipcar today, a Nissan Bresla. The surf was rolling in and crashing at Ocean Beach. Under dramatic clouds, I breathed deep, fresh air from salt water. I checked out the farmers' market held every Wednesday. This is a good way to have access to personal driving without maintaining a car.

2 comments:

Jon said...

This is so cool. My mother lives in downtown Chicago and for years she has been without a car... which is an issue on occasion. This is a fabulous option for her. Thank you... I have never heard of it until now.

Irene Grumman said...

Thanks, Jon. I feel this is a public service as well as, of course, a business. In an email to me, the company reported that 40% of their customers say they got rid of their own cars, or halted plans to buy a car. Fewer cars on the road can ease traffic and pollution. I'm not going to pay a rental fee to go to the corner to buy milk, right? More walking, too.